[izpack-users] Windows XP Registry Entries cleaning up

Bartz, Klaus Klaus.Bartz at coi.de
Mon Jul 23 14:03:06 CEST 2007

Hi Daniel,
sorry for late answer, but I was on a workshop.
I do not really know why uninstall do not work correctly with your program.
We use $UNINSTALL_NAME instead of $APP_NAME, but this should produce only problems
with multiple installations of the same program.

Try with some additional other keys, may be with the root HKCU.

Are all keys persistent, or only some?
Look into your uninstaller.jar (may be with an unzipper or with jar).
Is there a file "registryEntries" in the root? It is a java object stream, but with some editors
you can look into. If you can, is there the entry
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<your APP_NAME>   ?
Is in the uninstaller
com\izforge\izpack\event\RegistryUninstallerListener.class
and
native\COIOSHelper.dll        ?

Cheers

Klaus