[izpack-users] Passing arguments to executable

Zycor.net Development Solutions airhead at webmail.co.za
Thu Mar 29 12:45:39 CEST 2007

Bartz, Klaus wrote:
> Hi Riaan,
> I do not know whether your problems can be triggert by using an
> inlined install.xml.
> My be writte an external install.xml and refer it in your IzPack call
> in the ant script.
>
> Call the installation in a cmd like
> java -DTRACE=TRUE -jar install.jar
> and look to the output. The call command will be written on stdout
> (and much more).
>
> Cheers
>
> Klaus
Hi Klaus,

Trace gives this:

handeling executable file path = c:\Program Files\BackBone
Technologies\Core-Tal
k 2006\serverExpress\setup.exe
mainClass = null
type = 0
executionStage = 0
onFailure = 1
argList: [\qb, INSTANCENAME=CORETALK, ADDLOCAL=ALL, SQLAUTOSTART=1,
AGTAUTOSTART
=1, SECURITYMODE=SQL, SAPWD=root, DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0]
        arg: \qb
        arg: INSTANCENAME=CORETALK
        arg: ADDLOCAL=ALL
        arg: SQLAUTOSTART=1
        arg: AGTAUTOSTART=1
        arg: SECURITYMODE=SQL
        arg: SAPWD=root
        arg: DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0

osList = []
keepFile = false

executeCommand
        params: c:\Program Files\BackBone Technologies\Core-Talk
2006\serverExpr
ess\setup.exe
        params: \qb
        params: INSTANCENAME=CORETALK
        params: ADDLOCAL=ALL
        params: SQLAUTOSTART=1
        params: AGTAUTOSTART=1
        params: SECURITYMODE=SQL
        params: SAPWD=root
        params: DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0

But the params aren't passed to the setup.exe...

Any ideas?

Cheers
Riaan