[izpack-users] IzPack 3.11.0-beta2

Julien Ponge julien.ponge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 21:44:16 CET 2008

Hi Pascal,

> *Great*. Congratulations for all your work.

Thanks a lot!

>   - The Windows dialog which is dispalyed for entering the
>     administrative password says the program is from an unidentified
>     editor. I wonder if it would be possible to put something more
>     valuable information.

I think there must be a kind of manifest for Vista, so if anyone has
informations on this do not hesitate to share ;-)

>   - The uninstallation must be ran under an administrative account.

Ok

>   - I understand that building the Windows exe only works on a Windows
>     system. Am I right? Is it the same for Mac OsX App?

Yes, the Jar gets wrapped inside the exe. It is actually compressed in
a 7-Zip archive that is concatenated with the 7-Zip SFX image. On Mac
OS X it is much easier since a bundle is just a directories structure,
so the Jar is still available as-is inside.

>   - I tried to pass a jar file in UNC to the --file option, someting
>     like --file \\host\...\install.jar. No error was detected during
>     the construction of exe, but then I was unable to run the
>     installation on the target computer. An error panel told the file
>     \\host\...\install.jar doesn't exist.

Yes, there is a stupid bug there. I should not use the whole path but
only the filename when I write the 7-zIp SFX config file, else of
course when the SFX has finished the extraction phase, it will try to
launch the full path. I'm going to fix it in the next few minutes. I
discovered the bug just a few minutes before releasing the GlassFish
installer, but I was too lazy to fix quickly since it won't be hard to
do ;)

Thanks again for the great feedback.

Cheers