[izpack-users] Feature Request - Scripting Languages for custom actions

Matthew Inger mattinger at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 21:29:23 CET 2008

I don't really need "tight" integration.  I just need to declare anonymous
functions and assign them
to variable references.  There will be no function parameters per-se.
Rather, there will be well defined
variable names which will contain the parameters.

For instance, for the "beforeFile" and "afterFile" methods, the variables
"file" and "pack" would be defined,
and the function would refer to those variables (as opposed to the java
approach of passing them as function
parameters).

The groovy specific implementation I had been working on actually passed
things as parameters.  But this was
possible because I could compile the script to a java class, instantiate it,
and invoke methods on it.  BSF does not
have that capability (as the groovy api, or the jsr 223 interfaces do) that
I can tell.

Does anyone see any downside to doing it with anonymous functions as I have
suggested above?