[izpack-users] MAC OS and Vista

Christian-Josef Schrattenthaler christian-josef at schrattenthaler.com
Tue Jan 29 22:18:09 CET 2008

Hi Patrica!

Microsoft Windows Vista has the UAC. For more details see
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control. If you use a .exe file
for installation, and you do not have enough rights, you will have problems.
But, you can start .exe files as administrator over the context menu (right
klick on the .exe file). I did also determinate, that there is a different,
from which place I run the .exe file, and on which destination I want to
install my files.

I also think, that you would better use Java version 1.6.0 update 04 under
Windows Vista instead of an old 1.5.0 version.

And I also think, that it’s better to use the same .jar file installer for
every platfrom, and if you don’t need any special solutions, you should not
use the Windows registry. I had rights problems with the registry also under
Windows 2000 and Windows XP with my old installer software. I try to find
solutions, that work on al systems, without any os specific modification.

Hope this helps

Greetings,

Christian.