[izpack-devel] Heading panel, panels counter

Bartz, Klaus Klaus.Bartz at coi.de
Tue Jul 4 13:36:56 CEST 2006

Hi Fabrice,

Why not look into docu :-)
There are no changes related to the DTD although the
configuration will be done in install.xml.
A time ago I have declared (in the DTD) the key/value pair
<modifier> under <guipref> for other GUI modifier.
This can be general discussion.
Key/value pairs are a "soft" declaration of properties.
Benefit is, that no changes in the DTD are needed and therefore
no start problems are exist.
Disadvantage is, that no validation of the key name will be
possible because it is only declared in the documentation.
A false written key will be create runtime errors.
For a project which will be used only by few people I prefer
a hard declaration in the DTD. At IzPack the situation is
a little bit other, I think. About that I prefer soft
declaration for things which are nice, but not essential
for a installation. I can use this element in my custom panels
for other things without lost compatibility to the standard
IzPack.

There are also changes in eng.xml. Will be nice if you can
actualize the languages you are attend :-)

Cheers

Klaus