[izpack-devel] Heading panel, panels counter

Miraodb miraodb at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 5 13:41:11 CEST 2006

Hi Klaus,

Sorry for late answer.

> Why not look into docu :-)

Right ;-) I should know that since i'm update it !!

> There are no changes related to the DTD although the
> configuration will be done in install.xml.
> A time ago I have declared (in the DTD) the key/value pair
> <modifier> under <guipref> for other GUI modifier.
> This can be general discussion.
> Key/value pairs are a "soft" declaration of properties.
> Benefit is, that no changes in the DTD are needed and therefore
> no start problems are exist.
> Disadvantage is, that no validation of the key name will be
> possible because it is only declared in the documentation.
> A false written key will be create runtime errors.
> For a project which will be used only by few people I prefer
> a hard declaration in the DTD. At IzPack the situation is
> a little bit other, I think. About that I prefer soft
> declaration for things which are nice, but not essential
> for a installation. I can use this element in my custom panels
> for other things without lost compatibility to the standard
> IzPack.

I agree with you that the compatibility aspect, but regarding validation
it's quite important to have one.
Couldn't we add maybe an error message specific to this situation in order
to be able to understand the reason of the error rather than having a global
runtime error which for most of the people doesn't make any sense...

> There are also changes in eng.xml. Will be nice if you can
> actualize the languages you are attend :-)

I will take care of ita, fra, eng and rus as soon as i find out how to use
the new checklangpack class.

Cheers,
Fabrice