[izpack-devel] Adding XInclude support

Matthew Fudge matfud at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 10:07:25 CET 2007

Hi Tino,

At the moment I'm planning on supporting all of XInclude apart from XPointer (which allows references to particular infosets (elements) inside the current or other documents)

So anywhere in any of the XML documents used in izpack you can do

<include  href='other.xml'/>

which will replace the include with the contents of the 'other.xml'. This works for Http/https/file protocols and relative file references(without needing the "file://" bit). It's not that I really need anything apart from relative file references but they come almost for free. It will also support the fallback element (again this is not much use in an installer but not to much effort to add)

In addition I am adding a "fragment" element that can be used as a root node in included documents. This element will be removed when the document is included. This enables included documents to be xml fragments such as a set of field elements to be included in the userInputSpec.xml

XInclude is also recursive in that "include" elements in included documents will also be included.

Cheers

Matt