[izpack-devel] Updating to latest version of NanoXML

Stefan Wachter stefan.wachter at gmx.de
Mon Jan 8 09:12:37 CET 2007

Hi all,

some time ago there was a discussion on this list that favoured NanoXML in order to stay compatible
with Java 1.3, Java 1.2, ... I think this argument is still valid.

I did update my private IzPack version to the latested NanoXML release because it solves my original
problem (the
 character not being kept). Until now I do not experience other problems.
(Admittedly I did no extensive testing, yet.)

In addition, I think that the XML API that NanoXML provides is quite usable. In contrast to that,
using DOM would be not so funny. I also doubt that using some utility classes to handle DOM is a
better solution than using NanoXML.

Therefore I still suggest to update NanoXML to the latest version. I will report any problems
encountered on the list.

Cheers,
--Stefan

PS: A very elegant means to handle configuration data is data binding.