[izpack-devel] File dates and times in _dist

Ari Voutilainen ari.voutilainen at iki.fi
Thu Jan 18 19:06:57 CET 2007

When making tests with IzPack I noticed that making installer
will change dates and time to current ones in _dist directory
tree. That disturbed me. Although content didn't change date and
time is like a part of that file and changing that will make the
new file. Files couldn't be compared just by looking date and
time. They must be looked inside and compare somehow.

I would like to change this procedure while generating IzPack
installer. What do you think about this?

I searched the cause and found that this means some modifications
in Ant build file.

Regrads,
Ari