[izpack-devel] Vista

Stefan Wachter stefan.wachter at gmx.de
Thu Mar 15 12:53:08 CET 2007

Hi all,

I found some information about the application manifest that is needed to take care for having
enough privileges: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa480150.aspx#accprotvista_topic8

--Stefan

PS: I found the uninstaller jar does not work because it has not enough privileges. In a plain VISTA
installation IzPack writes files that can not be removed by the user who did the installation. In
order to make the uninstaller jar work I had to start the uninstaller also via an exe launcher. I
named the executable uninstall.exe. Now the uninstaller removes the files.