[izpack-users] changing field behaviour based on pack selection plus a bit more help.

Zaheed Haque zaheed.haque at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 16:22:01 CEST 2006

Hi:

I been trying to figure out how to do the following.. Lets say you
have the following choice in the packs panel.

x - Core -- Required and Selected
o - Jakarta-Tomcat -- Optional but selected by default.
o - Documentation

Now if the user already have Jakarta installed (meaning user will
deselct this option)  However I need to know where Jakarta is to
fullfill my installation.

If the user selects to install jakarta then I know where my bundle
jakarta will be (i.e. under $INSTALL_PATH.

Furthermore in both cases I need to know or give choice to the user for

Jakarta port - 8080
Jakarta init.d - scripts
Jakarta web application name if not ROOT.

So the case for this is "NOT SELECTED"?

I been playing around with the crateForPack but it doesn;t really do
what I want I mean how do I do a case for NOT SELECTED?
<createForPack name="Jakarta Tomcat Web Application Server" />

Can anyone give me a clue.

Furthermore I like to add the following bug report.. After downlading
the izpack 3.8.1 jar yesterday and installing it in my linux and my
OSX. I have found both the shell script

bin/compile
bin/start.sh

contains ctrl-m chars. It is not visible by vi or emacs but when you
do a 'sed' you can see the \r \n chars. The first line of both file
has

#!/bin/sh \r\n

Maybe someone can check this and verify. I tried it 4 times on a linux
and Mac OSX box and it was the same.

Cheers