[izpack-users] Installer for VISTA (was <no subject>)

Bartz, Klaus Klaus.Bartz at coi.de
Wed Dec 13 16:48:56 CET 2006

Hi Roland,
sorry, I have assumed that NSI was a typing error.
NSI is a OS dependant installer which creates an exe.
MS descibes, that Vista analysis the executable whether
it can be an installation or not. This will fail with
java.exe...
In the moment I do not know whether IzPack will be able
to run on Vista in future or not.
I rember that there is a examination whether the installation
directory is writeable or not. May be this action will
be done to early that it is not possible to change the
path. Do you have tried to install in a user area?

The short animation from MS about Vista seems a little bit
like the world descibed by Orwell...
I do not know whether we should support such a mo..... or not.
Anyway I have ask our admin to install a Vista on a vmware
to test it.

Cheers

Klaus