[izpack-users] Installer for VISTA (was <no subject>)

Küstermann, Roland rkuestermann at mps.de
Wed Dec 13 17:47:38 CET 2006

Hi Klaus,

>MS descibes, that Vista analysis the executable whether it can be an installation or not. This will fail with
>java.exe...
Yes, it will/should definitly fail ...

>In the moment I do not know whether IzPack will be able to run on Vista in future or not. I rember that there is a >examination whether the installation directory is writeable or not. May be this action will be done to early that >it is not possible to change the path. Do you have tried to install in a user area?
Yes, that works if you install it into your profile folder. But you don't get an error message if you try to install a write protected directory ... That is weird.

What about merging izpack with the launcher? - I haven't tested it yet, but that could solve the problem, does'nt it?

Best
Roland