[izpack-users] How can I create a panel and not display it?

Yossi Baram yossiba at eldat.com
Mon Feb 20 13:32:02 CET 2006

hi Klaus,
Thanks for your help here,
I have created the following panel:

My_ini.java

package com.izforge.izpack.panels;

import net.n3.nanoxml.XMLElement;
import java.io.*;
import com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallData;
import com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame;

public class My_ini extends IzPanel
{
    /**
     * The constructor.
     *
     * @param parent The parent window.
     * @param idata The installation data.
     */
    public My_ini(InstallerFrame parent, InstallData idata)
    {
        super(parent, idata);
    }
    public void panelActivate()
    {
....... my stuff.....
  parent.skipPanel();
  return;
    }
    public boolean isValidated()
    {
        return (true);
    }
}

I added the following to the build.xml file
 <build-panel name="My_ini">
            <include name="com/izforge/izpack/panels/My_ini.java" />
 </build-panel>

When I run ant I get an error:
 C:\IzPack\src\lib\com\izforge\izpack\panels\My_ini.java:11: cannot
resolve symbol

Why is that? the class is located in the path mensioned in the buil
file.

What is wrong here?
Thanks
Yossi