[izpack-users] WebApplication Installer

miraodb miraodb at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 7 23:16:54 CET 2006

Hi,

i'm not sure i understand what you mean by "call".
Do you want to run tomcat or do you assume tomcat is running and you would have to deploy your app under this running tomcat ?

In any case, it's fairly easy. Tomcat have a bunch of scripts or batch files depending your os which allows  you to start, restart or stop the service.
What you would have to do would probably be to use a combination of userinput and processpanel to achieve your goal.
Let's say you ask the user where tomcat home is located using a userinputpanel. Put it into a variable called $tomcat_home, then you could have a batch file doing as follows:

1. $tomcat_home/stop_tomcat.sh or .bat
2. do your deployment, i don't remember exactly how that works
3. $tomcat_home/start_tomcat.sh or .bat

Obviously, at installation time, when arriving at the stage of the processpanel, the variable will be substituted with the user inputs.

Hope that helps,
fabrice