[izpack-users] Selecting a directory that doesn' t exist

Laurent Duperval lduperval at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 20:23:59 CET 2006

Hi,

I asked a related question before: I need to allow the user to select
a directory for installation. Currently, the only way to do this seems
to have the user type the entire directory manually; there is no
option to use a browse button.

I found a passable workaround: use a search field. The main problem I
have with the search field is that you need to create the directory
beforehand. You can't specify the directory and have it stick if it
doesn't exist.

What I would like is to be able to use the browse button OR type the
complete path, and have it remain. Currently, if I type a path that
doesn't exist, the value that is put in my variable is the last parent
directory that existed. For example, if my drive contains D:\myapp and
I specify D:\myapp\mysubdir\myothersubdir in the search panel, only
"D:\myapp" is kept.

Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks,