[izpack-users] Problems with search field in UserInputPanel

Bartz, Klaus Klaus.Bartz at coi.de
Tue Oct 10 15:00:27 CEST 2006

Hi Philip,

PathInputPanel does not search in the default path for applications,
else it looks to the VM which drives the installation. If only one
VM exist this is the same. To change this behavior needs changes in
panelActivate.

>I was just wondering, why the JRE was not detected by the
>search field although I copied the code from the documentation.
>
>> If a wrong version will be selected, a warning will be placed.
>> If no VM will be selected, an error will be placed.
>> I think that is what you need.
>
>Yes, that's definetly more important than a successful
>automatic search.
>Frankly, I haven't been aware of the existence of a
>PathInputPanel until
>now. So, I'll have a look at that and take a closer look at the
>documentation. BTW, where can I find a more recent version
>since the one
>mentioned on http://www.izforge.com/izpack/downloads is marked
>as outdated?

Really? Or only the PDF manual? whatever, the project is located at

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/izpack/

Install also the sources. In %IZ_HOME%\src there is build.xml
which is the configuration for building IzPack with Ant. To add
a custom panel to the build.xml and use Ant for rebuilding is the
simplest way to create.
In the docu there is a chapter how to build a custom panel. In the
moment we are work on an extended version.

>> Only that this need to handle creation of custom panels can be
>> a barricade.
>
>Anyway, thanks for the hints.
>
>Greetings, Philip

Cheers