[izpack-users] How to get changes into the install.jar?

macke maier at isys.uni-klu.ac.at
Wed Oct 25 12:13:37 CEST 2006

Hi!

if I change resp. add something e.g. in
/IzPack/com/izforge/izpack/installer, how do I get this changes into the
resulting install.jar file? I get changes in e.g.
/IzPack/com/izforge/izpack/util into the jar by generating jar files which
include the changed classes and specifying the path to this jar in the
install.xml (for example a whole util.jar). This works for that. So I have
my own validator checks for example. For classes in
/IzPack/com/izforge/izpack/installer it doesn't work. When I start the
installer from eclipse, all my changes work. But when I execute the
install.jar itself, it seems that old classes are in the jar. So I tried to
replace the class file in the install.jar. But when I execute the jar I get
an error.
How do I get an install.jar, in which all my changes are included?

thanks for help in advance,
macke