[izpack-users] quit installer custom action listener

E.othman othmanelmoulat at menara.ma
Mon Mar 19 11:42:10 CET 2007

hi Klaus and thanks for the reply.
my first design was to display my custom panel before installation;
however i encountered a problem that obliged me to perform installation
before displaying custom panel.
here is the description of the issue:
in my packs i include some exe and bin files that i want to launch based
on user choice : if user selects the pack then i need to launch the exe
/bin file.
i did that using a process panel :
processing>
<job name="openoffice">
  <os family="windows" />
  <executefile name="$INSTALL_PATH/openoffice/OO.exe">

  </executefile>
</job>
</processing>
here you can notice that I'm executing the file after installation.
the question is : can i execute this file before installation ? if yes
what's the path to use for it ?
i tried paths "openoffice/OO.exe" and "oo.exe" paths but didn't worked.
a thought i have is to extract this "oo.exe" file from the Pack object
into some tmp directory then  launch it .is that possible ? how to
extract a packfile from a given pack ?
is there any better design u can propose me to solve my problem ?

thanks.