[izpack-users] Mac OS : shortcut and batch files

Julien Ponge julien.ponge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 21:47:40 CET 2007

Hi Olivier,

> My understanding is that the current IzPack version does not install desktop shortcuts in the Mac OS X environment. Is
> there a way around that? If not, will the next version provide this feature and what is the timeline for that?

Indeed we don't generate Mac application bundles at the moment and we
have no timeline for that.

There is one possible workaround: using conditions (from Dennis) to
generate the directories structure of a Mac application bundle + the
specific files that go inside. A bundle is nothing else but a very
specific directories tree ending with .app :-)

> What would be the equivalent for the Mac OS X environment (for which I have zero experience...) ?

I guess it is in Info.plist but I am not an expert there... does
anyone have a clue?

Cheers