[izpack-users] Problem Extracting on Solaris

Dave.Derry at Equifax.com Dave.Derry at Equifax.com
Thu Nov 1 19:42:58 CET 2007

I'm new to IzPack, but it looks like a promising tool for simplifing my
deployment of stand-alone utility apps.

In my first attempt I have been able to incorporate IzPack into my Maven
build process. The resulting self-extracting jar works well on my Windows
system. However when I move it to out Solaris box (running Solaris 2.10) I
run into problems.

When i first executed 'java -jar install.jar' I got a message "Exception in
thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server
using '' as the value of the DISPLAY variable." So I looked through the
docs, and exported DISPLAY=":0.0". But then when I attempt to run the
installer it just hangs; absolutely nothing happens.

What am I missing?

Dave

We must begin not just to act, but to think, for there is no better slave
than the one who believes his slavery to be freedom, and we are in
no greater peril than when we cannot see the chains on our minds
because there are yet no chains on our feet.
-- Michael Reid

This message contains information from Equifax Inc. which may be
confidential and privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, please
refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
information and note that such actions are prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail
postmaster at equifax.com.